Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Want to Lose Weight??? Then EAT!!!!

I've learned so much over the past few months about healthy weight loss and muscle gain. One of the things that I think is SO incredibly important, is also something that not many people realize.... YOU NEED TO EAT TO LOSE WEIGHT AND PUT ON MUSCLE!!!!!!!!! I can't even explain how important it is. I always heard that you shouldn't skip meals if you're trying to lose weight, but I never realized how much you really need to fuel your body. In my opinion and from what I've learned and experienced (again, I'm not a PT or dietician), it is SO important to get those 6 small meals in a day. First, you need to make sure your body is getting enough protein to increase and maintain muscle growth. But, protein isn't just for trying to build muscle (but who doesn't want to build muscle), it's also important for weight loss. I don't know a whole lot about protein but I know that your body needs a lot of it. My main protein sources have been chicken, egg whites, and protein shakes. I'll talk more about meals later on but for now I just want to stress the importance of eating enough. You also need to include healthy fats (avacados, almonds, olive oil, peanut butter) and good carbs (sweet potatoes, squash, other veggies and quinoa) in your meals.If you're not putting healthy fats into your body, it will hold on to any unhealthy fats it can get!  If you're eating all 6 meals everyday, you won't be hungry for other foods. You'll also have plenty of energy throughout the whole day and be able to have a good workout. It can be hard to eat 6 meals a day. You have to plan ahead and prepare your meals, especially if you have a job....... at The Pizza Factory... hahahaha. I will go into a lot more detail in future posts. I'm sorry that right now my posts are all over the place, but the bottom line is... your body cannot progress if you're not fueling it properly. Good luck!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment