Friday, June 6, 2014

BODY FAT Counts. (Not The Scale)

           Hello everyone! I'm really happy to say that I got my body fat tested yesterday and I am down to 10.3% body fat!!!!!!! That is absolutely insane to me, because when I first started this whole journey, I was at 21.3%. I've lost 11% body fat. The craziest part is that I've gained 6 pounds!! I feel so much better about myself now that I've put on muscle and I feel so much healthier. I know that 10% body fat is low. I don't want to stay at 10% for very long. It's dangerous because it starts messing with your reproductive system. I wanted to post these pictures to say... It really doesn't matter what the scale says. I used to hear that all the time but I would just brush it off. I think that sentence should always be followed by; "your body fat percentage is what counts." I weighed 114 when I first started and now I'm at 120 lbs!
           Anyways, It's been a while since I posted. I've been super busy between working and trying to get my workouts in everyday to compete on June 21st! I'm not going to lie.... this time around has been so tough. I didn't realize it would be so hard to do competitions back to back. It's hard to always be focused on what your body is doing and what you are (or aren't....) eating. Of course, I believe in having a healthy diet all the time, but competition dieting is pretty dang strict. I don't think it's good to deprive yourself for months at a time. After this show, I'll definitely be taking a couple of months off. Competing is draining. It's physically, mentally, emotionally, and even financially draining. It has been super hard preparing for this show. I'm starting to feel just a little bit burnt out. It's been harder to get myself to the gym everyday. I've started to doubt myself a lot and get discouraged because I know this will be a huge show and that all the women are going to look incredible. But being confident is the most important part. I have to believe in myself and tell myself that I can do this. I am IN LOVE with competing, and it's completely worth all the hard times.  I still plan on dieting and exercising hard everyday after this show.... I just will allow myself a little more cheat meals and maaaaybe a little more carbs in my diet! But overall, I feel great. Most the time, I don't crave the bad foods, because my body is getting everything it needs. Just gotta push hard through these next 2 weeks and then I can relax a little bit ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment