Sunday, September 21, 2014

Less Than 3 Weeks!!

My competition is 3 weeks from yesterday! That is insane. This is CRUNCH TIME!! Unfortunately this is also HEAD COLD season. And when you're losing body fat, your immune system is more weak. I got hit with the head cold a couple weeks ago. I thought I was done with it... then it hit me REAL hard a few days ago. I've got a super stiff back and neck, headache, dizziness, nausea, the whole shebang. It's no fun. So here are my tips to recovering. I'm hoping to be back to normal within a couple of days so that I can give these competitions my all! :)

Tip #1: Take your vitamins. You should be taking a multivitamin every day. You also need to make sure that you're still eating and following your diet... even when NOTHING SOUNDS GOOD!! Hahah

Tip #2: Drink water. For obvious reasons that you've literally heard hundreds of times in your life. It will also help flush out those sick germs.

Tip #3: REST.  While I think you still need exercise when you're sick, you also need a lot of rest for recovery. If you're body wants to sleep in until 1 in the afternoon... it needs it. So let yourself rest as much as possible and maybe take your workouts a little more easy. Or.... as much as I hate to say this... take a day or two off.

Tip #4: Focus on positive things and on getting better. I really believe that what you think, you become. I think that the more you focus on healing, the faster your body will heal. If you're having a hard time being positive (or if you're really bored, stuck in bed) watched reruns of the Olympia that went on this weekend! That is insane motivation.

That's about all I've got. And I know they're pretty obvious but... oh well. I'm gonna give these next few weeks my absolute best, no matter how my body is feeling. XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment