Monday, September 29, 2014

Less Than 2 Weeks Out!

         It's hard to describe the way I feel when I'm a couple weeks out from competition. My emotions are sooo sensitive and so up and down. One day I'll feel amazing and ready and excited. The next day (or even a few hours later) I might feel awful and start to wonder if I'm making a mistake by competing. It's not easy. I'm sure if you've competed before, you know what I'm saying. You look at your body through a magnifying glass, picking away at every single detail. Thinking of things that you could have done differently. It's a good thing and a bad thing. It's a good thing to strive to be your very best self. It's a good thing to stay hungry and never be completely satisfied (I'm not talking about food here). That is something that builds champions. But it's also so important to remember that you're doing your best. To not beat yourself up about things that you didn't do. To not compare yourself to others or look down on yourself. It is SO important to focus on the positive right now. Some days are really hard for me. Some days I start to feel discouraged or someone makes a comment that I can't stop thinking about. But it's almost here. I've worked hard and I've given it my all. I have to just trust myself and trust God and know that whatever happens will make me stronger. I love competing and I am so excited to be on that NPC Utah stage in less than TWO WEEKS!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment