Sunday, October 5, 2014

Peak Week!

   Here we go!! It's the beginning of peak week! Like I've said before, I LOOOVE peak week! It's the most fascinating thing to me! Your body changes so much in this one week! For people who don't know what peak week is... it's the week of your competition. For me, it means leaning out that last little bit. It means drinking tons of water at the beginning of the week (2 and a half gallons) and then cutting to only 1/2 gallon by the end of the week! Doing that really makes your muscle show. It's also a weird week because you only train at the beginning of the week, and your workouts are a little lighter than usual. You also don't train legs this week (as a bikini competitor, your legs will hold more water if you train them this week, and you typically want your legs to look very lean). The diet is also a little different, lower sodium at the end of the week so you wont retain water. And then of course, the spray tan ties everything together and makes your muscle really show! It's just really cool to me that your body can change so much over a week!

   Like I mentioned last week, I've been sick. What I thought was a head cold, actually has turned out to be strep throat. It kind of puts a damper on things, and makes it a liiiittle harder to find energy to train... but I'm determined to stay on track, get lots of rest, and still bring my best self to the show! :)

This describes how you feel as a bodybuilder perfectly:

No comments:

Post a Comment