Thursday, May 15, 2014

A Week & a Half To Go!

Update time!!
Okaaayyy so we are a week and a half away from my second show ever!! I feel so much more confident about this show. I'm just glad that I know what to expect and I know how it feels to be onstage. It's such an amazing feeling to step out there in front of everyone and show what you've been working for. I can't wait to feel that feeling again. My body is starting to dial in with this new workout. I LOVE the last couple weeks before the show. It's really cool to see how your body leans out with a change in diet and exercise. For my body, I haven't had to cut carbs, so that's nice. I am still eating sweet potatoes and brown rice everyday for my carbs. Plus some vegetables. The workout is different because it's a lot of fast stuff (lunges, skaters, jump squats), instead of heavy lifting. You have to be really careful at this point, because you want to keep your muscles round and full, but you want to be lean enough too. It's a tough balance! But I'm starting to think that my body will look better for this show than it did for my first one. That's surprising to me, because I've only been planning on doing this one for 4 weeks! I also feel a lot more confident with my posing this time around. I didn't realize that NPC posing is different than NGA posing. For NPC bikini you walk out and do your front pose, side pose, back pose, side pose and walk off stage. For NGA it's a lot more walking and a lot more posing. You walk to the front right corner and do your front pose, turn and walk to the other side of the stage and do a side pose (at least that's how my routine goes), then walk to the middle of the stage and do another front pose, then turn to the back, then turn to the side, then you walk around in a circle and line up on the back of the stage. Hahah it's pretty long! But it's fun. I like NGA posing more. I'm also focusing on drinking enough water right now. Trying to go for about a gallon and a half everyday. I don't think I mentioned this before, but I'm also going to do 2 shows in June! I want to compete as many times as possible this year. I know 3 times in a month is pushing it a bit, but I like to push myself. :) 
wish me luck... today is leg day.

No comments:

Post a Comment