Saturday, March 1, 2014

Make March Count!

It is March, people!!!!!!!!!!!
 February always flies by. I love it. I love March. 
I'm going to give everyday my all.
22 days til the show. 
Let's do thiiiiis. 
I started the month off right this morning with a group posing session, instructed by the amazing Tamara Watt. I love her. She is so inspiring. She's confident and sassy but still very graceful and classy. Ha.... didn't mean to make that rhyme. She really knows her stuff and I feel so blessed to have her as not only a coach, but also a friend. If you need a posing coach or a nutrition or fitness coach and you live in Utah, check her out. She'll teach you to do things the right way. 
There's so much that goes into posing. I never realized how difficult it is. Competitors usually make the posing look so easy on stage, but it's far from easy. Even for bikini posing, it can be hard to hold those poses and you also have so much to remember. Butt out, shoulders rotated, pop your shoulder, toe turned out more, squeeze your abs, turn your bottom half completely sideways but your top half completely forward, take a big deep breath in but also flex your abs and breathe out, and make sure to relax your hands. 
Add 5 inch heels...
and a tiny bikini....
and a smile....
EASY!! 
Hahaha it's difficult but it is all so worth it. Posing is so important. You can have the most amazing body, but if you don't look confident and smooth onstage, the judges won't look twice at you. It's been awesome learning to pose. It takes so much practice and I know how scary it will be my first time, but I can't wait to be onstage. Today was my first group session. There were three other girls. Two are figure competitors and one is a bikini competitor like me. If you don't know the difference, figure competitors have a lot more muscle mass. It was really cool to learn and be inspired by those 3 girls! 


No comments:

Post a Comment