Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Once You See Results, it Becomes an Addiction.

Just because my first competition is over, doesn't mean I'm off the hook! In fact, it makes me only want to work harder. It showed me what I need to focus on... I really want to work on my abs and also my calves. I could tell that the judges were really looking for defined abs, because all the girls that won had amazing abs. But I don't want to lose the muscle that I've already gained. I know that it's not realistic to look like you do on competition day, year round. You shouldn't stay that lean, year round. I just want to focus on building muscle right now. I want to keep my habit of working out 5 days a week and I want to up my weight for everything. I want to be able to squat HEAVY. I want to look good year round, even if I don't look as lean as I was on competition day. After competing, it's super easy to put the weight back on because you start eating things you shouldn't. Plus, adding water and sodium back into your diet just adds weight. It's completely normal. A lot of people start to get discouraged because they don't look the way they did on show day. That's where a lot of eating disorders start. The trick is to stay on your old diet and workout plan, even after the show. Have a couple cheat meals after the show, but then try to only add a few extra calories a week. You'll also notice that you feel SO sick when you eat processed foods when your body has been used to eating clean. Which, is kinda helpful because it makes you not crave those foods as much. Anyway, just thought I'd give a quick update! Don't get discouraged and don't quit your good habits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment