Sunday, March 9, 2014

Two Weeks and I'll be Eating Pizza.

Two weeks and I'll be eating pizza, guys!! Two weeks!!!!! Pizza has never sounded so good. My body competition is in exactly 13 days. My diet right now has been difficult. We cut my carbs even more. I've noticed that I've been slightly more tired, but other than that I feel great. I figured when I was this close to the competition, I would have no desire to cheat on my diet.... but let me tell you....the temptation is even worse now!! I vowed to myself to not eat ANYTHING that isn't on my diet for these next 2 weeks. Which means that tomorrow for my birthday, I will not be going out to eat. But that's okay!! The pizza will taste that much better in two weeks right? ;) My new workout has been good. We've been really trying to tighten everything up these last few weeks. When I say we, I'm referring to my trainers. My Monday, Thursday, Saturday workout is a lot of legs and abs. Lots of sets of squats and that kind of thing but not as much heavy lifting. It's HARD. My heart rate is up a lot more with this routine than with my last one. I love it. My Tuesday Friday is all focused on arms and shoulders! I love working shoulders. I'm also doing 20 minutes of intense sprinting after every workout. That's the most difficult part for me. I'm not much of a runner. Sprints are so good for you, though. Better than normal running (from what I've learned). If you do them in intervals (sprint hard 30 seconds, rest 30 seconds), you burn A LOT of calories!! The best part is, your body keeps burning them long after your workout. You can do anything for 30 seconds, right?? As for the abs.... that part has been a struggle for me. My stomach didn't bother me before, but my abs are just barely starting to come in. I'm hoping I can really make them "pop" in the next two weeks! Some of my ab workouts: weighted situps, leg raises, wood choppers and hanging leg lifts. I also just learned that using weight resistance in your ab workouts really makes the abs pop out. Sounds obvious but I guess I hadn't really thought about it because I feel like a lot of the time, woman are expected to have a less cut tummy with a couple soft lines here and there. That's great for some people, but for me at the moment I want abs that ripple and pop out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment