Thursday, March 20, 2014

Two Days!!

           Juuuuust a quick update. The competition is not tomorrow, but the next day!! I am slightly in denial. It doesn't feel real at all!!! As it get's closer I feel less nervous and more excited. I think that's a good thing. Of course I'm still SOOOO nervous though.
           It's crazy how the last week works. I stopped working my legs last Saturday. Then Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I had an arm/back/chest/ab workout. I decreased the weight I was using each day. Then I don't workout until after the show!! So today (Thursday) felt really weird. I felt like I should be at the gym. The point is to let your muscles fully rest. Then right before the show you do a little pump-up workout just to... well... pump you up. That way, your muscle bellies are full and you'll look great onstage.
           I've also been drinking A LOT of water. Over the past month  I've been drinking about a gallon and a half everyday. And ya... I'm one of those people that carries around a gallon of water with me...  and has to pee every 10 minutes. Hahaha but this past week (Sunday through Wednesday) I have been drinking 2 and a half gallons of water each day. Yes. It is almost physically impossible, I think. Then today I am only drinking one and half again. Then Friday I will only drink half a gallon. And Saturday... close to nothin. It's called water depletion. I also am supposed to really limit my sodium. So that way my body will be really dry and my muscle will show more for the show. I'll eat some Reese's peanut butter cups right before the competition to give me that extra fullness in my muscles. I think it's really cool how it all works. I've loved learning about all of this stuff.
           Tomorrow night I'll be getting my spray tan. I'm a little nervous. You have to be super dark because the stage lights wash you out a lot. And it shows your muscle more. I'll look pretty funny when I'm off stage though.
           I'm also trying really hard to resist making banana bread right now. We have tons of bananas that are just brown enough to make into banana bread. Maybe if I wait til tomorrow then it will stay good until Saturday... right???
           I'm loving this whole experience and I'm so excited to see what the whole competition is like. I'm excited to meet new people and push myself out of my comfort zone :) I'm already looking forward to competing again, and I haven't even been onstage yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment